Jalapeno Bacon Mac & Cheese
My hubby and I decided to head down to Whyte Ave (Edmonton, Alberta) to grab a nice cold Sorbetto at Block1912. As we were sitting there on the couch reading the menu they have posted on the wall my hubby noticed a Jalapeno Bacon Mac & Cheese dish. At that moment he turned to me and said you can totally make that dish low fat. So here we have a Low Fat Mac & Cheese recipe. This entire dish is approx. 6 weight watcher points. The image above is my hubby’s dish and the one below is mine. I beefed mine up with green peppers, onions and zucchini. Since this recipe uses one box it serves 2. For a family of 4 just double the recipe. I am not a fan of processed foods however I do love myself a box of KD every now and then and this recipe makes it a little more ohh la la gourmet.
- 1 Box Kraft Smart KD (image below)
- 1/3 cup of 1% or Non Fat Milk
- 1 table spoon of Low Fat Margarine
- 4 strips of Presidents Choice Turkey Bacon
- 2 Jalapeno’s
- Optional ( 3 tbs onions, 3 tbs of Green Peppers, 1/4 cup zucchini)
- Cook Mac & Cheese according to package but cut down on the Margine. If you need more liquid add a bit more MIlk.
- Heat Turkey Bacon in a pan. Once heated cut in to small pieces.
- Cut up Jalapeno’s.
- Add Jalapenos and Turkey Bacon to Mac & Cheese. Serve and Enjoy
- Cook Green Peppers and Onions in a small pan with water until slightly soft.
- Add in Zucchini to heat.
- Toss in your individual bowl of Mac & Cheese or add to the entire pot if the hubby wants extra vegetables too. Serve and Enjoy.
The Pasta in this Mac and Cheese is made with Cauliflower so it’s slightly healthier.