Last week my hubby and I went on a great vacation to sin city Las Vegas for a whole week. I am always worried when I go on vacation especially for an entire week because I know there will be many temptations that may throw me of track. If your like me you will want to experience it all and here’s how you can without gaining a ton of weight. For breakfast I would have a something light like a fruit dish and my hubby would order an omelette with egg whites then we would share each others dishes. This way I would be getting some of my protein in to help jump start my day but not over indulge with all the added calories and carbs that most breakfast plates have. This is a great way to stay on track and start the day with a well rounded breakfast without consuming a ton of calories. It’s always best to share your meals when you can and always drink water with your meals. It’s Sin City you can go to the corner store and get cheap wine, coolers, beers and slushies after dinner, don’t pay those crazy restaurant prices for booze.
Note: The fitness rooms in the Vegas hotels are pricy, even if you are a guest. So to burn off any additional calories I suggest walking the strip at least once or twice a day. Make sure you have comfy running shoes. In the evenings go dancing, there are tons of places to dance in vegas, just get there early so you don’t have to pay cover. Ladies and gents I gained 2 pounds on this trip. Yes I indulged in treats and yes I drank those fantastic slushies and mojito’s pretty much every night. So go ahead and enjoy Sin City, I sure did and remember if you share your treat, drinks, and meals with your partner your only taking in half of those calories.
Every once in a while I like to switch up my morning routine and instead of my usual breakfast I make myself a smoothie. There’s a basic recipe I follow and depending on my mood I can easily switch up the flavors from tropical to blueberry to mango to whatever fruit you happen to be in the mood for. As you can see in the image above I was in a tropical mood. This creates about 2 cups of smoothie goodness and the entire serving is 3 weight watcher points (old points as always).
- Lemon Squeezer
- Good high-powered blender. I use our Blendtec Blender, it’s amazing and blends everything into a smooth creamy texture. A Vitamix blender is just as good.
- Smoothie cup and straw
- 1.5 ounces of a frozen banana chopped into smaller pieces
- 1 navel orange peeled
- 1 containter of Danon Sillhoutte yogurt (I use this brand because it’s 35 calories per serving and no fat)
- 1 cup of any frozen fruit you wish (blueberries, Mango, tropical fruit mix, strawberries, etc)
- 1/4 cup of Almond Milk (optional only if you need to add extra liquid to make the smoothie more runny. I like my smoothies thick so I rarely need to add this.)
- Split the orange down the middle and place one half in a lemon squeezer and squeeze the juices into the blender. Do the same with the other half. Once the orange is squeesed of all is juices add the rest of the orange to the blender.
- Add the yogurt.
- Add the chopped frozen banana bits.
- Add the cup of frozen fruit.
- Add Almond Milk if your smoothie is to think for your liking (again this is optional).
- Blend until smooth and enjoy.
Everyday at 9 am Monday – Friday I eat breakfast. It’s a ritual and if I miss it boy can I get cranky, just ask my co-workers. My favourite thing to eat is fruit and yogurt shown above. This simple recipe is so easy and only 3 WW points:
- 1 cup of grapes
- 1 cup of pineapple (sometimes I switch the pineapple for a small gala apple for a change)
- 1 silhouette yogurt 0+
- mix fruit and yogurt then top with a quarter to half a cup of fibre one cereal
I hope you enjoy this breakfast as much as I do. ENJOY