On the weekend we had a tea party for adults where we served tiny sanwiches and treats to our friends and family. I wanted a sangria infused with tea and came across this recipe on the web. Of course being me a tweaked it a bit. This drink was super refreshing and really yummy. Serve each glass with some of the infused fruit and enjoy.
- 2 cups thinly sliced/chopped oranges, apples and peaches
- 1 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup loose-leaf jasmine green tea leaves or tea bags
- 6 cups steaming water
- 1 bottle Riesling, chilled
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup. Add two tablespoon of sugar to two tablespoon of sugar and heat in the microwave for 10 seconds until sugar is disolved.
- Place the sliced fruit in a glass container and cover with the brandy and let soak in the fridge for two days. Flip over half way through soaking.
- Heat water in a pot until just before boiled. Take off the stove and add the tea. If using loose tea make sure it is in a tea infuser.
- Steep covered in pot, for 2 minutes.
- Add tea to a container and chill in the fridge.
- Add the chilled Riesling, brandied fruit, simple syrup and chilled tea in a large pitcher.
- Taste and add additional simple syrup if needed.
- Serve with fruit and enjoy.
Everyday at 9 am Monday – Friday I eat breakfast. It’s a ritual and if I miss it boy can I get cranky, just ask my co-workers. My favourite thing to eat is fruit and yogurt shown above. This simple recipe is so easy and only 3 WW points:
- 1 cup of grapes
- 1 cup of pineapple (sometimes I switch the pineapple for a small gala apple for a change)
- 1 silhouette yogurt 0+
- mix fruit and yogurt then top with a quarter to half a cup of fibre one cereal
I hope you enjoy this breakfast as much as I do. ENJOY