The title says it all and no I could not possibly post the point value for this. There are some food items that you just have to dig in and no worry about the calories. This is one of those items. We were in Jasper camping over the weekend and had to stop to get ice. While we were paying at the register I looked down and saw a Mint Aero Chocolate Bar and it spoke to me. Please squish me between some Graham Crackers and a Marshmallow and so the Chocolate Mint S’More was born. I will never have a regular S’More again these are that good.
- Mint Aero Chocolate Bar
- Graham Crackers
- Prepare Graham Crackers on a plate.
- Place one piece of the Chocolate bar on one side of the Graham Cracker on the plate.
- Toast Marshmallow over the fire.
- Place toasted Marshmallow on the Graham Cracker squish together.
- Wait a few seconds so the chocolate starts to melt, eat and enjoy. Pure Heaven.
I was in the mood to make a cheesecake for my girl friends birthday, but I wanted to create something amazing that she wouldn’t forget. So I thought why not make a deconstructed strawberry cheesecake. This was actually a lot easier to make then it looks.
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp low fat margerine, melted
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tbls finely chopped dark chocolate
- 1 package of low fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups of low fat cool whip (3 used with the cream cheese and 1 cup used for the chocolate whipped topping)
- Chocolate dessert cups
Directions for heart cookies and crumbs:
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Lightly grease a cookie baking sheet (I used my round stone as I don’t need to grease it).
- Mix crushed biscuits and 1 tbsp sugar together in a medium bowl.
- Add butter and stir until well combined.
- Using your hands, spread mixture on the cookie pan and press down as hard as you can.
- Bake until crust is set and golden in places, 15–20 minutes.
- Set crust aside until cool.
- Once cooled use a small heart shape cookie cutter to cut out cookies and set them aside.
- Place the left over crumbs in a bowl. These will be used in the chocolate cup creation.
Directions for strawberry topping:
- Place chopped strawberries, lemon juice and 1 tbsp sugar in a small saucepan and cook on medium-low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir over heat until mixture starts to thicken, then set aside to cool.
Directions for cheese cake filling:
- Combined the cream cheese and cool whip with an electric mixer.
- Add the chopped up chocolate pieces and stir.
- Place in fridge to cool
Directions to chocolate whipped topping:
- Mix 1 cup of cool whip with a low fat chocolate pudding cup. Set in fridge to keep cool.
Directions to assemble your masterpiece:
- Fill the chocolate dessert cup about 1/4 to 1/2 full with the cream cheese mixture.
- Place a layer of the loose gram cracker crumbs on top of the cream cheese.
- Add about a tbls spoon of the strawberry mixture on top of the gram crumbs.
- Finally top the strawberries with the chocolate whipped topping and sprinkle with some shaved chocolate.
- Next to the cup whip some of the chocolate whipped cream on the place.
- slice a large fresh strawberry, fan it out and place on top of the chocolate whip cream.
- Place about a table spoon of the cream cheese mixture in front of the fanned strawberry.
- Place heart cookie next to the cream cheese mixture to help prop it up.
- Sprinkle with shaved chocolate, serve and enjoy.
OMG!! A guilt free chocolate bar recipe for all the chocolate lovers out there. I found this one on the net and decided to give it a go. I am super happy I did. This is an amazing recipe and so super easy to make. All you need are three ingredients, chocolate chips, cool whip and chocolate wafers. For the full recipe please click here - 3 Musketeer Chocolate Bars. There was one change I made to the recipe. It did not specify if the cool whip was low fat or not so I used the low fat tub; also to note 8oz = 3 cups of cool whip. OH and did I mention that one of these is 1 weight watcher point. Happy days are here again, I hope you enjoy these as much as we did.
There are days where I will crave chocolate. Instead of running to the nearest corner store to buy a chocolate bar I run to my pantry and grab a low fat chocolate pudding cup. I add some fat free cool whip (which is amazing), top it with a few tiny chocolate chips, a few shreds of coconut and add a low fat graham cracker. The total damage for this snack is 3 ww points. Compared to the average chocolate bar of 5 to 6 points this is definitely a heavenly chocolate treat. I also sometimes make low fat sugar free chocolate pudding with low fat milk (half a cup is 1 point). I hope you enjoy this treat as much as I do.
Company’s Coming Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - This is an excellent cookie recipe that I have made over and over and over again. However when I got married I found out my husband is not a fan of raisins in cookies so… the only change I made was I split the recipe and added a half a cup of cranberries instead of raisins to please my husband. The other half I added half a cup of chocolate chips to appease my cravings.
I am a huge fan of the Company’s Coming cook books and they are usually on sale at Superstore. This recipe is just one of the many good recipes that can be found in the Company’s Coming Cookies cookbook.