On the weekend we had a tea party for adults where we served tiny sanwiches and treats to our friends and family. I wanted a sangria infused with tea and came across this recipe on the web. Of course being me a tweaked it a bit. This drink was super refreshing and really yummy. Serve each glass with some of the infused fruit and enjoy.
- 2 cups thinly sliced/chopped oranges, apples and peaches
- 1 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup loose-leaf jasmine green tea leaves or tea bags
- 6 cups steaming water
- 1 bottle Riesling, chilled
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup. Add two tablespoon of sugar to two tablespoon of sugar and heat in the microwave for 10 seconds until sugar is disolved.
- Place the sliced fruit in a glass container and cover with the brandy and let soak in the fridge for two days. Flip over half way through soaking.
- Heat water in a pot until just before boiled. Take off the stove and add the tea. If using loose tea make sure it is in a tea infuser.
- Steep covered in pot, for 2 minutes.
- Add tea to a container and chill in the fridge.
- Add the chilled Riesling, brandied fruit, simple syrup and chilled tea in a large pitcher.
- Taste and add additional simple syrup if needed.
- Serve with fruit and enjoy.
Nothing beats a Peach Bellini with a fresh peach puree. A lot of fruit puree’s have a ton of added sugar. The simple solution? make your own puree. I love smoothies and I buy a HUGE bag of frozen fruit which has a ton of peach slices in it. I decided i would use these and blend them to make my own delicious puree. It saves on your sugar intake and is healthier because it’s fresh fruit. 3 weight watcher points for this classy refreshing drink.
- 1 cup of frozen Peach slices
- 1 ounce of Peach Vodka
- 1 ounce of Peach Schnapps
- Champagne about 2-3 ounces (I used Barefoot Moscato Champagne)
- 1 cup of frozen Peach slices into smaller pieces
- Add to a blender the peach pieces, 1 ounce of Peach Vodka and 1 ounce of Peach Schnapps
- Blend on high speed it the mixture resemble a puree. Add a touch more Vodka if needed.
- Even distribute the mixture between to glasses and top up with the champagne
- Serve and Enjoy