This soup is a complete winner in my books because it’s a whooping 0 Weight Watchers points. The best part is you can customize the soup to your liking, just make sure you count the points if you are adding something other than veggies. I usually add 3-4 ounces of chicken to the soup for a total of 3-4 Weight Watchers points. You can also pair it with a nice sandwich. As I write this post I am eating it with a nice tuna sandwich, a perfect pairing for such a yummy healthy soup. It takes me 20 minutes from start to finish to make this soup. Completely worth the effort.
- 3.5 cups of non fat, low (to no sodium) beef broth (one box of broth will work perfectly and you can use other types of broth if you wish)
- .5 – 1 tsp of oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 2.5 – 3 cups chopped cabbage
- Half an onion
- 3/4 cup chopped carrot
- 3/4 cup green beans
- 3/4 cup chopped zucchini
- Spices – I use basil, thyme, oregano and some Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy Seasoning (Mrs. Dash spices are amazing because they are salt free)
- Add oil to a pot and saute the onions and garlic for 3- 5 minutes.
- Add broth, tomato paste, cabbage, green beans, carrots and spices to taste.
- Simmer for a about 5-10 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
- Add the zucchini and simmer for another 5 or so minutes.