- 3.5 cups of non fat, low (to no sodium) beef broth (one box of broth will work perfectly and you can use other types of broth if you wish)
- .5 – 1 tsp of oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 2.5 – 3 cups chopped cabbage
- Half an onion
- 3/4 cup chopped carrot
- 3/4 cup green beans
- 3/4 cup chopped zucchini
- Spices – I use basil, thyme, oregano and some Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy Seasoning (Mrs. Dash spices are amazing because they are salt free)
- Add oil to a pot and saute the onions and garlic for 3- 5 minutes.
- Add broth, tomato paste, cabbage, green beans, carrots and spices to taste.
- Simmer for a about 5-10 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
- Add the zucchini and simmer for another 5 or so minutes.
[Update: Jan 11, 2015] Since many readers are asking about PointsPlus and Calories for this recipe, I have decided to add this for information for your convenience. There are several food and diet websites that allow you to enter the ingredients above and calculate these values for you if there is a recipe on this blog that does not include it. Thanks.
Here is the full nutritional information, which includes the calories from the vegetables.
Calories (cal): 310 / 104 if you do not include the raw vegetables
Fat (g): 6
Sodium (mg): 3030
Potassium (mg): 1406
Total Carbs (g): 55
Dietary Fiber (g): 15
Sugars (g): 31
Protein (g): 20