Today was a crazy day. I woke up to the craving of meatballs. I haven’t had a meatball in quite sometime. I thought to myself how can I make a healthy meatball to satisfy this darn craving?
- Instead of using beef, I used lean ground chicken instead (half a pound).
- A half a cup of fine bread crumbs
- One large egg white.
- For the spices I added half a tablespoon of minced garlic, a pinch of ground pepper, rosemary, oregano, and thyme.
- I used a tablespoon to scoop up the meat and form the balls
- I cooked them for 20 mins at 360F in the oven.
I was able to make about 9 meatballs for 1 point each. Serve with you choice of pasta, rice, or couscous. Make a nice low fat sauce from low sodium tomato sauce, or low fat cream soup and enjoy. Just make sure to account for the points on the startch you choose to pair the meatballs with.
Please see my Tips and Secrets page for a listing of Generic Weight Watcher Points for the point value of the starches.