I love using my Slow Cooker mainly because any meal we cook in it is usually a new recipe. Here’s an easy slow cooker chicken stew recipe I found on line. This dish will feed a family of 4. Each serving is 1.5 cups and contains only 4 weight watcher points. Serve with my Low Fat Cornmeal Muffin recipe and you have a filling healthy dinner the whole family will enjoy.
- 1lb boneless, skinless Chicken Thighs cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8oz Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Onion large, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen Peas
- 2 stalks of Celery, chopped
- 1 packet powdered Mushroom Sauce seasoning mix or gravy
- 2 cups Fat Free/Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Plain, Non-Fat Greek Yogurt, at room temp
- In a crock pot, combine all ingredients except for the yogurt.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hrs.
- Stir in yogurt, and warm until heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve and Enjoy.