What is Congee you ask? It’s the process of boiling rice in a lot of water until it’s soft. This was a dish my husband introduced me to when we were first dating. It’s one of my favorite dishes to make for dinner. It’s easy to make, super yummy and only 5 Weight Watchers points. This is also a great dish if your feeling under the weather as it’s easy on your digestion system.
- 1 cup of Rice
- 6 cups of water
- Green Onions chopped
- 1 tsp Fried Onions
- 1 tsp of Low Sodium soy sauce
- Optional 3 ounces of chicken
- Add rice and water in a pot and boil for 20 mins, until the rice barely holds a shape but is not starchy. Should have a porridge consistency. This will make a lot of congee should feed a family of four. The next few steps are what I do for my one serving.
- Once rice is cooked place 1 1/4 cups in a bowl
- Add Green Onions
- Add a tsp of Fried Onions
- Add a tsp of Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Serve and Enjoy