- 1 small onion sliced thinly (about two cups)
- 4 cups of cabbage
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 8 ounces of chicken chopped into bite size pieces (we always use thighs)
- 3/4 cup of water
- .5 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (or black mustard seeds)
- 2 tsp of garlic
- .5 tsp of chilli flakes
- Prepare all spices in a small bowl.
- Cook chicken in a large pan. Once cooked remove chicken.
- In the same pan use the natural oil from the chicken and add the half tsp spoon of oil to the centre of the pan. Let the oil heat up.
- Add your bowl of spices and stir until it makes a paste.
- Add onions and saute until they are a beautiful carmel color.
- Add cabbage, tomatoes and water. Cover and steam cabbage for about 5 remove lid and let the water evaporate.
- Once all the water is gone add the chicken just to heat it up. Serve and enjoy. Makes about 5 cups of cabbage.