Here’s a great snack to make for parties, either your own or to bring to a guests house. I love soft pretzels and here’s a great recipe I always use. You can choose to make the original pretzel shape or you can cut them in to bite size pieces. You can also have a variety of toppings. For this round I had 4 difference toppings, sesame seed, corse sea salt, poppy seed and fried onions and finally a sweet treat cinnamon sugar.
- 1 tsp of Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Warm Water
- 1 Tablespoons (8g) Active Dry Yeast
- 1 1/2 cups of Warm Water
- 4 1/2 All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Tablespoon of Water
- 2 Tablespoons of Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Stir sugar into first amount of warm water in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle Yeast over top of sugar and warm water mixture and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Combine second amount of warm water, flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Add yeast mixture and mix. Add a bit more flour if needed so the dough is not to sticky.
- Place dough on a floured surface and knead for 10 mins until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl turning once to grease top and cover with a tea towel.
- Place in the oven with the light on for 45 mins until the dough is double in size.
- Punch down the dough, cut into 12 pieces and roll the dough into long ropes.
- Brush the rope with each toping mentioned above and sprikle with whatever toppings you wish (poppy seeds, sugar, salt etc. The possibilities are endless)
- Cut 1 inch pillows from each rope and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from oven and enjoy. I personally love dipping these into a marinara sauce or nacho cheese sauce. For the cinnamon perhaps a fruit dip would be a great pairing.