The creator of this recipe is my father in-law. On my very first camping trip with my hubby’s family, my father in law made this dish from the fish he caught in the lake. I am not a fisher so I just buy snapper to recreate it. This is a really simple dish with simple ingredients, which makes it perfect for the lake. The total point value for the foil package is 4 points. If your not using snapper then points may increase. You will have to know what fish is in the lake you are camping at and reference it to the Generic Weight Watcher points list to see the point value. Note one foil packet is one serving. If your fish is larger just accommodate the ingredients.
- 4oz Snapper Filet (or fish caught from the lake)
- 1/4 Red Pepper cut into cubes
- 1/2 Onion cut into cubes
- 1/4 Pineapple bits (canned or fresh, canned is easier while camping)
- 1 tsp Ketchup
- 1 tsp Garlic Minced
- 1/2 tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic Chili Sauce (Sriracha)
- 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp of pineapple juice
- MIx Ketchup, Garlic, Sweet Chili Sauce, and Pineapple juice.
- Place all ingredients and sauce in a foil packet. It’s best if you place the fish on top of the vegetables.
- Cook on an open flame for 15 mins. Until the fish is white and flakey when the packet is opened. You can also cook this dish in the oven for 15 mins.