OMG BAKED TRUFFLE FRIES!!! all credit for this recipe goes to my Hubby. About a year ago we were in Atlanta on a business trip and we ordered these Garlic Truffle Fries from a lounge in the hotel we were staying at (Ritz Carlton in Buckhead). We completely fell in love with these fries. It took us some time before we found the Truffle Oil and Truffle Salt. After a few months of searching we finally found a store in down town Edmonton (Evoolution) that carries an amazing selection of Olive Oils and Balsamic Vinegars. We are sill on the the look out for actual truffles, these are a lot harder to come by in Edmonton. For now we will just have to manage with out the actual truffles. Weight Watcher points? I am not sure, but they are baked and not fried in oil. If you share the recipe with the hubby and kids the calorie consumption will be a lot less. Sharing is caring.
- 2 medium russet potatoes (about 0.75 pounds)
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon truffle salt
- 2 finely diced garlic garlic
- 1 teaspoon drizzle of black truffle oil
- 1 teaspoon of fresh or freeze dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Slice potatoes into “hand-cut” size fries as pictured.
- Place sliced potatoes in a gallon size Ziploc bag and add the spices (all ingredients except truffle oil, truffle salt and parsley).
- Coat potatoes with the spices and oil by shaking bag well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread potatoes out in a single layer.
- Bake 20 minutes. Flip the fries over and crank oven up to 450.
- Cook 10 minutes, flip again and cook 10 more minutes or until potatoes are crisp and not burnt. Watch carefully during the last 10 minutes.
- Toss with truffle salt, garlic, parsley and drizzle with truffle oil before serving.