Ok so sometimes I see a picture of a dish and it inspires me to create a healthier version of it. Here is a simple dish and if followed correctly will provide you with 3 WW points of happiness. The image above is my Egg Muffin Omelet. Here’s what you will need:
- 2 Egg Whites (for my Hubby I made his with one whole egg)
- 1 Green Onion
- 1 slice of low fat turkey bacon (I get the blue menu package from superstore)
- 1 Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge (the low fat one. It’s in a light blue packaging)
- 1 slice of weight watchers bread (I used the one that is 1 point for 2 slices according to the old points system)
- A dash of Pepper (My husband got a dash of chili flakes to spice his up)
- A greased muffin pan (I greased the pans with low fat becel margarine the one in the blue packaging)
- A Rolling Pin
- An oven set to 375 degrees
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- While the oven is warming grab your slices of bread and roll them out with a rolling pin just to flatten. Creatively place these is a well greased muffin pan so it forms a cute little cup. Don’t worry it will not be perfect and you will have a fold or two.
- Grab a small bowl and add your egg whites, green onion, turkey bacon sliced into little pieces, pepper and any other spices you wish to add. Stir.
- Grab your laughing cow cheese and cut into small pieces.
- Add to you egg mixture.
- One last stir of the egg mixture and pour into your bread cups and place in the over for about 20 – 25 mins.
- Once cooked pull from oven and carefully removed from muffin tins. Place on a plate, serve and enjoy.
- This was my first time baking these and they exploded as you can tell from the pictures. You could easily use two slices of bread and fill them half way up so the egg does not spill over as ours did.
- If you add that extra bread slice just make sure you count the points. The bread I use would only add an extra half point so no big deal.
Below is a picture of my Hubby’s Egg Muffin Omelet (5 WW points) with whole eggs and a different cheese.