Here’s another Hungry Girl inspired recipe. Jalapeno Poppers wrapped in Turkey Bacon. These are so yummy and easy to make and 100% hubby approved. Make a big impression and serve these at your next party. No one will know they are healthy (unless you tell them). By the way, these are 3 weight watcher points for 5 poppers. That’s half the recipe so yes indulge yourself. I do every time I make these. Just a reminder this is the old point system. If it’s not broke don’t fix it.
- 5 jalapenos
- 1/4 cup low fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup low fat tex-mex shredded cheese (or any low fat cheese)
- Low fat turkey bacon (I used presidents choice blue menu. It’s wide and I was able to cut it into five strands to wrap the jalapenos with. Also it’s 1 ww point for one piece)
- 1/2 cup of ground fiber one cereal
- 2 egg whites in a bowl
- A dash of pepper
- .5 tsp of garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash Jalapenos and cut off the stems.
- Halve the jalapenos lengthwise, and remove the innards (seeds and all)
- Mix cream cheese, cheese shreds, pepper and garlic powder.
- Using a blender or magic bullet, grind Fiber One to a breadcrumb-like consistency (no blender no worries. grab a zip lock bag and roll it with a rolling pin until you have a fine powder)
- Place crumbs in one small bowl and the egg whites in another.
- Stuff each pepper half with cheese mixture and wrapped with bacon strands (toothpicks help hold the bacon in place while cooking, but remove them when they are done)
- Coat both sides of each pepper half with egg substitute, and then with the fiber one. Place peppers in a baking pan sprayed with nonstick spray, and place in oven.
- Cook for 25 minutes and enjoy. This recipe makes 10 Jalapeno Turkey Bacon Poppers.