If your like me and LOVE rice krispy treats here’s a great healthy, low fat alternative. I slightly modified the recipe from hungry girl and added some peanut butter and a few more marshmallows. One square is 1 weight watchers point, which means yes a treat you can finally pig out on and NOT feel guilty. Speaking of which I think my pan is now cooled, ready to be cut, photographed and devoured. Until our next encounter; Enjoy 🙂
- 5 cups of puff wheat
- 2 cups of fiber one (love this stuff)
- 3.5 cups of mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons of low fat becel margarine (I use the blue tub one)
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (regular or low fat there is no point difference)
- Mix the two cereals in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter and peanut butter in a large pot.
- Add mini marshmallows and melt those down.
- Remove pot from the heat and add the cereal and stir until fully covered.
- Pour in a 9 x12 lightly greased pan.
- Once they are cool cut into 25 squares.