Here’s a great fish recipe I tweaked from a previous Weight Watchers recipe I found on line. The best thing about this recipe is it’s baked in a foil packet. Cooking in a foil packet allows all the juices and flavours to marry nicely together. Foil recipes can also be used while camping which my hubby and I do a lot of in the summer. It’s quick, easy and an all in one meal. Foil cooking also allows for a nice clean up after. Just toss the foil packet in the garbage when your done. This recipe serves 2 people (4.5 WW points/serving). When cooking for more guests make sure to adjust the ingredients for the right amount.
- 2 – 4 ounce snapper filets
- 20 small cherry tomatoes halfed
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts without oil, drained and quartered
- 1 clove garlic sliced
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Tear off a 12-inch long piece of aluminum foil and place it on your work surface.
- Place one fish fillet in the center of the foil and top with half the cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts and garlic.
- Add half the lemon juice, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper to each packet.
- Bring the two long sides of the foil together over the fillet; fold and crimp closed.
- Make sure the packet is completely sealed with no leaks or holes.
- Transfer both packets to a large baking sheet and bake until hot and steaming, about 15-20 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheet 5 minutes then transfer each packet to an individual serving plate.
- Open carefully and enjoy.