I was in the mood to try something different and decided chickpeas was the way to go. I figured chickpeas and cabbage would be a great combination and with my hubby’s indian background we came up with this little dish. 2 cups is 5 weight watcher (old) points. It’s sweet and savoury and a dish I will make again.
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 onions, sliced thinly
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ c. rasins
- 1.5 tbls honey
- 1 tbls turmeric
- 1 tbls cinnamon
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- .5 tsp cayenne to taste
- Combine ingredients as listed above in a large pot. Let each ingredient cook for a minute or two before adding the next.
- Stir after each addition.
- Add spices and stirring well.
- Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy