- 2 cups steamed cauliflower mashed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup low fat Mozzarella
- 1 tsp parsley
- 3 Green Onions chopped
- 2-3 tbls cup hot water
- salt and pepper (or any other seasoning/herbs you wish)
- A spray or two of oil to cook the fitters.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, flour, garlic, egg whites, grated cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Add water so that batter becomes slightly more dense than pancake batter.
- On medium-low heat, add 1 tsp of oil in a 10 inch skillet coating bottom of the pan. Use a cooking brush to spread out the oil if needed.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to form fritters. You can fit 4 fritters at a time.
- Cook until golden brown, turn and cook another few minutes. Add a bit more oil to the pan if needed.
- Serve with your favorite sauce and enjoy. I dipped mine in a sweet chili sauce from the asian asile in most super markets.