Here’s a great and simple Lentil Curry dish. Super delicious and super fast to make. 1 1/2 cups is 6 weight watcher points. This is a meal in it’s self so no rice needed. However if you decide to have it with rice, as my hubby did, make sure you count your points correctly.
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cup chopped Onions
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp of minced Garlic
- 19 oz can of Lentils rinsed
- 1.5 cups of Vegetable Broth
- 14 oz can of diced Tomatoes with juice
- 2 tsp of Brown Sugar
- 4 cups of frozen mixed veggies. I used the California Mix
- 1 Tbls of Non-Fat Plain Yogurt
- 1 Tsp of chopped roasted Cashews (non-salted)
- Heat oil in large pot.
- Add onions, curry powder and garlic. Cook until onions are soft about 5-7 mins.
- Add lentils, broth, diced tomatoes, and brown sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to a simmer and add the frozen veggies.
- Cook for another 5-10 mins.
- Place 1 1/2 cups on a plate add the yogurt and sprinkle with cashews.