If you love cheese and fish here’s a dish that combines the two in a yummy way. The stuffed sole is 5 Weight Watcher’s points. I know the recipe looks complex but it’s really easy to make. When the fish is cooking in the oven you can make the sauce to top the fish. All in all this dish took about 40 mins to make from start to finish. This recipe serves two people. If your cooking for more please feel free to double the recipe.
Ingredients for Stuffing
- 2 tbls finely diced celery
- 2 tbls finely diced onion
- .5 tsp of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tbls of light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of fine bread crumbs
- 1 tbls of low fat grated cheese (I used low fat tex-mex cheese)
- A dash of Miss Dash Lemon Pepper seasoning
- .5 a tbls of white wine
- 2 sole fillets 4 oz each
Instructions for Stuffing
- Pre heat over to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add the celery and onion until the onion is soft and clear.
- Add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat and add the cream cheese and let is melt down.
- Once melted add the bread crumbs, low fat cheese, and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Stir in wine. Stuffing should stick together when pressed in hands.
- Spread stuffing on the sole filets and wrap them up. Hold together with 2 toothpicks.
- Place in a lightly greased casserole dish toothpick side down.
- Cook for 20 – 25 mins covered with foil.
- Take out, place on a plate and top with 4 tsp of the sauce (directions below) and green onions.
Ingredients for Sauce
- 2 tbls Light cream cheese
- 2 tbls skim evaporated milk
- .5 tbls of white wine
- 1/4 cup of non-fat sour cream
- 2 tbls of chopped green onion to garnish
Instructions for Sauce
- Combine cream cheese, wine and skim evaporated milk in a pan and melt down.
- Once melted down remove from heat and add the sour cream.
- Pour 4 tsp of sauce on top of the sole and add the green onions and ENJOY.