I know here we go again with yet one more meatloaf recipe. This one is spicy and made to serve, no cutting required. I use an 8 individual mini loaf pan so I don’t have to cut the meat loaf. It saves time and all that mess. Plus it is great for portion control. The best part is that 2 individual loaves are 5 weight watcher points. Serve this with a side of salad and you have a great cozy home cooked meal.
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 Cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1 celery stalked finely chopped
- 1 large carrot finely chopped
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of savoury
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of hot sauce
- approximately 1/4 cup of tomato sauce (careful not to get the sauce on the sides of the pan, as you can see I got some sauce on the pan and it darkened a bit.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a mini 8 piece loaf pan.
- In a large pan add the water, and all the finely chopped vegetables and cook for 5 mins.
- Drain the water from the vegetables.
- In a large bowl add the vegetables with all remaining ingredients except for the tomato sauce.
- Mix ingredients and add even amounts to the 8 individual loaf pan
- Place in oven and cook for 30 mins.
- Remove from oven and distribute the tomato sauce on top of the individual loafs. About 1 – 1.5 teaspoons and spread so the tops are covered.
- Replace loaf pan in the oven and cook for another 30 mins.
- Remove from oven and serve.