I have to give props to my Husband on this recipe as he’s the one who came up with it. I told him one day I felt like having a low fat shrimp dish and this is what he created. This dish is so good and really easy to make. Total cooking time is about 30 minutes and for 1 cup it 2 weight watcher points. Add a half a cup of rice and you have a simply delicious 4 point dish that tastes so rich and creamy. I highly recommend trying this dish at least once.
- 1 tbsp low fat margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed low fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 pound cleaned shrimp
- cajun seasoning salt to taste
- Worcestershire sauce to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce to taste (I used habanero hot pepper sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder (for color)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Combine margarine, onion, green onion, bell pepper, garlic, bay leaves and celery. Cook on medium-high heat until onion caramelizes.
- Stir in parsley, tomato paste, soup, shrimp, salt, hot pepper sauce and cayenne. Cook on medium-high for 5 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and cook for another 5 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Serve over white rice.