Fresh vegetables and shrimp married together with a wonder Red Thai Curry sauce. That’s what you will get from this amazing dish. As with many of my dishes on here this one too is simple and super quick to make, about 30 mins in total from start to plate. 1.5 cups equals 4 weight watcher points. I added half a cup of rice for a 6 point meal in total. This recipe serves 4 people and will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Pound of Peeled and Deveined Shrimp
- 2 Medium Zucchini cut in thin 2 inch long sticks
- 2 Red Bell Peppers cut into thin strips
- 3 Green Onions Sliced
- 1/8 tsp of Ground Ginger
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 tsp Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1/2 cup of Light Coconut Milk
- 1 tbls of Asian Fish Sauce
- 1 tbls of Packed Brown Sugar
- Prepare vegetables (Green Onions, Peppers and Zucchini) and place in a large bowl.
- Mix the coconut milk, curry paste, brown sugar, fish sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a wok on medium heat. The pan is ready when a drop of water sizzles when it hits the pan.
- Add shrimp and cook for 3 mins until the shrimp turns pink.
- Remove shrimp and set aside in a large bowl you will be adding the vegetables to this bowl later.
- Add remaining 1tsp of oil and heat on medium heat. Do the water test above, if it sizzles it’s ready.
- Toss the vegetables in the pan and cook for about 2 mins. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan and add then to the shrimp bowl.
- Add the sauce in the pan and cook for about 3 mins. Once the liquid is simmering add the vegetables and shrimp. Toss for about a minute and serve.