A quick, 20 minute vegetarian recipe that is simple to make, uses very few ingredients and is also clean eating. This recipe took almost no time at all to make because of its simplicity, but was also very flavourful and tummy-filling after we were done eating. This was perfect to make right after work. No need to thaw or defrost anything or worry about cooking protein properly. 100% vegetarian too, which is a nice break from all the BBQ meats we were eating. The entire recipe makes 2 servings. Each stuffed pepper half was 2.5 weight watcher points for a total of 5 points.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (we used Uncle Ben’s brown rice)
- 2 bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 green onions, thinly diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian or vegetable seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (we used seasoning salt)
- Pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1 diced tomato
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Pre-cook brown rice.
- Preheat oven or BBQ grill to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a baking sheet or the BBQ grill. Place peppers on the baking sheet or grill with cut-side facing down. Roast for 20-30 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Lightly coat a frying pan with cooking oil and cook green onions, basil, seasoning, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook for 5 minutes until the green onions are wilted.
- Stir in chopped tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Spoon in the pre-cooked rice and mix in feta cheese.
- Spoon the completed filling into the stuffed peppers and garnish with feta cheese.