My hubby and I have started to really consider the foods we consume daily and have decided to start trying new fresh Clean Eating recipes. What is Clean Eating? Simply put, it’s consuming foods in the most natural state and not consuming foods that have be processed and contain chemicals. It’s going back to our roots when we were cavemen and women and we did not have the luxury of having a McDonald’s or some other fast food joint around every corner. Pure simple food.
Here is my first recipe: Chicken Spinach & Feta Roll. I will do my best to calculate the WW Points for all the new recipes. This one contains approximately 5.5 WW points (old system) for one chicken roll. I served mine with a chunky side of salad, cucumbers, tomatoes and celery on a bed of butter lettuce. This recipe is for two people, so please double if you’re making for more.
- 2 – 4ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup fresh spinach (either chopped or whole)
- 1/2 cup light feta
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes NOT in oil. Diced into small pieces.
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (I used organic garlic powder)
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken breast between plastic wrap and pound to 1/4 inch thick.
- Combine spinach, feta, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon zest, garlic powder, basil and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Lay chicken breast skin side down on a baking sheet.
- Put approximately 2 tbsp of spinach mixture on widest part of chicken breast and then tightly roll the breast. Use tooth picks to secure the ends of the chicken.
- Cook seam side down for 25-30 minutes.