I love granola bars and usually have one as part of my workout routine. Since starting my clean eating lifestyle change, I have not bought a single one that is commercially made with unknown ingredients. There are so many added preservatives in commercially packaged granola bars that, lets face it, the general population cannot pronounce. I also really liked the Cranberry Luna bars, which for some reason I can no longer get here in Canada. Therefore, I created this delicious Cranberry Granola Bar to combine my two favourite bars. The best part about this recipe is that the granola bars will hold their shape and it’s 100% husband and friend approved. This recipe make 24 servings and equals 3.5 old weight watcher points per serving.
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1.5 cup mixed nuts (I used a Natural Trail Mix with a mixture of nuts and some dried fruit)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 (14 ounce) can low fat sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- lightly coat a 13 x 9 pan with oil (spray works) or you can use a brownie pan (used for the bars in the picture above)
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Add condensed milk
- Spread mixture in the pan you are using and place in the oven. for a 13 x 9 inch pan cooking time will be 20-25 mins. If using a brownie pan cooking time will be 15 – 20 mins. When the edges are lightly brown they are done.
- Pull out of the over and let cool before removing them and cutting them (if using a 13 x 9 inch pan).
- Store in an air tight container.