When you are too lazy to cook dinner … this Oats and Eggs recipe is the fastest way to a healthy AND super delicious meal. It is creamy and savoury that just hits the right spot in your hungry belly. All this for only 6 WW points (old system)?
No way a meal this good can be this quick to make? Try it out for yourself and report back how it turned out in the comments below.
- 1/3 cup of Quaker “Quick” Oats
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 diced green onions
- 1 tbsp goat cheese (soft and creamy variety)
- 1 tbsp of real bacon bits
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 whole egg
- (Optional) Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix quick oats and almond milk in a microwaveable mug.
- Microwave for 45 seconds, remove, and stir evenly.
- Start to fry your egg until desired doneness. See tip.
- Before egg is ready, microwave the quick oats for another 45 seconds. See tip.
- Add goat cheese, bacon, and green onions to the bowl and stir evenly.
- Top with egg and enjoy your quick meal.
- We like our eggs sunny-side up so that the yolk is runny and creates a sauce.
- If your oats are too thick/sticky, add a bit more almond milk before microwaving a second time.
- My hubby will add a teaspoon of soy sauce, sesame oil, and fried onion crisps to his final dish.
The Final Product
Here is a slice with egg and all the toppings.