I like Malaysian chicken satay and I like Indian curry. So why not mix the two of my favourite dishes together into a rich chicken satay curry dish? Don’t let the list of ingredients scare you because this dish is very quick to make in under 40 minutes.
Warning: This is a dish for your cheat day. But trust me, it is well worth it. 🙂
1 tbsp mild curry powder (Madras)
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp ground fennel seeds
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp chilli pepper flakes
3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
1/2 lime juice (1 tbsp equivalent)
zest of 1/2 lime
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp clear honey
1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 tsp finely grated ginger
2 finely grated garlic cloves
2 shallots (chopped)
1 red pepper (cut in strips)
1 celery stick (chopped)
1 large chicken breast (cut into cubes)
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 cup unsalted chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
Crushed peanuts (roasted, unsalted)
- Mix the marinade ingredients until smooth.
- In a Ziplock bag, marinade the chicken breast cubes with 1/3 of the satay marinade. Chill overnight to infuse the flavour.
- Saute shallots, garlic, ginger, celery, and remaining marinade in 1 tablespoon of oil over medium high heat to release fragrance and flavours.
- Add chicken broth and coconut milk.
- Add chicken breast and red peppers.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes. You can also precook the chicken on a grill or in a sous vide cooker beforehand.
- Serve over a bed of rice. Garnish with cilantro and peanuts.