Yesterday I was once again wondering what to make for dinner. I had ground beef, a quarter head of a large cabbage and a pantry full of spices. I let my imagine run wild and created a Curry Beef and Cabbage dinner which turned out really delicious and healthy. This recipe makes 4 servings with each serving being about 5 ww points each (OLD POINT SYSTEM)
- 1lb Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 Large Onion chopped
- 1/4 Large head of Cabbage sliced in long thin strings
- 1/4 tsp of oil
- 2 tbls of water
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/4 tsp Masala Spice
- 1/4 tsp Tumeric
- 1/2 tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Brown 1lb of Ground Beef in a large pan.
- Once cooked remove Ground Beef to the side.
- Add Onions to the pan and allow to cook until clear in the Ground Beef juices.
- Add 1/4 tsp of oil to the pan and all the spices.
- Allow spices and onions to cook for a couple of minutes in the pan until fragrant.
- Add sliced Cabbage and the 2 tbls of water.
- Cook down the cabbage about 5 – 10 mins until they resemble a noodle like movement.
- Add cooked Ground Beef and heat for about 5 mins.
- Serve and Enjoy.