It’s pasta 🍝 day today. This is my first attempt at making carbonara pasta using my Fresh Homemade Pasta recipe. The fat from the salty bacon, the creaminess from the eggs, and the distinctive aroma of the garlic and parmesan cheese are simply divine. 😍
I’m so glad I tried this recipe because we haven’t eaten out at any Italian restaurants since the pandemic. Making pasta from scratch is also so awesome because you get to add your own fresh ingredients and know what is going into your meal. You need to try this recipe now if you are craving for a quick and easy pasta dish to make at home.
Is there another simple homemade pasta recipe you’d like me to try first and post the results? Leave a comment 👇 and I will try it for you.
- 2 servings pasta
- 2 cloves of pressed garlic
- 1 ounce grated parmesan cheese
- 2 thick bacon strips, sliced to 1″ thickness
- Course ground black pepper
- Cook bacon until tender.
- At the same time, boil pasta in salted water until el dente.
- Whisk eggs, parmesan, garlic, and black pepper in a large metal bowl.
- NOW WORK QUICKLY!!!
- Drain pasta, but keep the pasta water.
- Add cooked bacon and fat into pasta.
- Put pasta into egg/parmesan mixture and stir for 2 mins.
- Add pasta water for additional creaminess.