Raise your hands if you love drunken nachos 🙌🏽
You know what I’m talking about … that delicious heaping platter of nachos to start a night of drinking at a pub or to end the night after a long night of drinking?
We love eating pub food and nothing is more delicious than a big, giant platter of nachos with all the toppings and fixings on the side. Nachos are great to have with friends–especially with friends–to avoid the guilt of eating the whole platter by yourself. This is why nachos is one of our favourite go-to snacks when we have friends over. People can pick at it throughout the night, or eat it all in one sitting. And if you run out too quickly, it is quick to make a second platter.
Not all pub nachos are created equal. That’s why I perfected this homemade nachos recipe that is better than the pubs. Each bite from each layer has all the toppings on it. Sometimes we have this nachos for dinner because sometimes … that is okay. 🤣
What are your favourite nachos toppings, fixings, or sides? I’d love to hear your suggestion in the comments. 👇
- Bag of unsalted tortilla chips
- 4 stalks diced green onions
- 1 package of low-fat Cracker Barrel Texmex cheese (or Kraft Habanero cheese)
- Old El Paso taco seasoning
- Club House cajun seasoning
- 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 3 jalapeños
- Pan fry the ground beef with the taco seasoning. Use only a modest amount of taco seasoning to add flavour, but not too salty.
- On a baking pan, lay down one layer of tortilla chips.
- Sprinkle a layer of cheese on top of the tortilla chips.
- Sprinkle a layer of green onions on top of the cheese.
- Drizzle with taco seasoning, Cajun seasoning, and top with the cooked ground beef.
- Bake in the oven at 350F until the cheese has melted. About 7 minutes.
- Remove nachos from oven.
- Add another layer of tortilla chips and repeat the layering process. Back in the oven again until cheese has melted.
Toppings, Sides, and Fixings
Here are some ideas to make a great Drunken Pub Cajun Nachos recipe even better:
- Sour cream
- Salsa (mild, medium, or spicy)
- Pickled jalapenos
- Fresh jalapeno slices
- Diced purple onions
- Black beans
- Bacon bits