Have I mentioned before how much I love using my slow cooker. It has to be the best invention since sliced bread. Just put all ingredients in a pot and walk away, how much easier can that be. Here’s yet one more awesome slow cooker dish that combines Squash and Beef. It’s super easy and delicious, plus 1 1/4 cups is 5 Weight Watcher points.
NOTE: Do not add water, as the dish cooks liquid will be released from the vegetables so the sauce will not be so thick when it comes time to serve.
- 3/4 pound lean stewing beef, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 small butternut squash
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces baby carrots left whole
- 1 14.5-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Brown beef in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray and place in the slow cooker. Peel and halve butternut squash and cut into 1-1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Place all remaining vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Add crushed tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and oregano.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, serve and enjoy.