- 1 1/2 lb. raw Boneless Lean Chicken Thighs or Breast (I personally like and used Thighs)
- 1 can Tomato Paste (I used Garlic and Herb)
- 1 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. brown sugar (not packed)
- 2 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes
- Place all ingredients except the chicken in the crock pot. Stir until mixed.
- Add chicken and coat well with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 – 4 hours or on low for 7 – 8 hours, until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove all the chicken and place it in a bowl. Shred each piece using two forks.
- Return the shredded chicken to the crock pot, and mix well with the sauce.
- Serve and Enjoy.