Happy Halloween my friendly food followers. Pumpkins and Halloween go hand in hans so why not try serving up some Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt this season. After experimenting with some low fat pumpkin drink recipes I had some left over pumpkin puree. I thought to myself what can I make with this left over pumpkin and it hit me, frozen yogurt. Here you have a delicious low fat pumpkin pie in the form of a frozen treat. Super creamy, yummy and not overly sweet. 1/2 cup is 2 weight watchers points. Top with low fat whipped cream and sprinkle a little extra pie spice and dig in.
- 1 cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup Non- Fat Greek Yogurt
- 3 tbls Honey
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie spice OR (1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ginger, 1/4 teaspoon allspice)
- Place all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and stir until combined.
- Place mixture in an ice cream maker and let churn for 20 minutes, or until cold and creamy. No ice cream maker? No problem just place in the freezer for 2 to 3 hours and stir every 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately or place in the freezer for another hour if a firmer texture is desired.
NOTE: If you don’t have an ice cream maker, just place yogurt in the freezer for 2 – 3 hours stirring every 30 mins.