One more delicious and simple low fat shrimp recipe. I love cooking with shrimp. Just 1/2 cup is 2 weight watcher points and it’s such a versatile ingredient. Here’s a nice sweet and spicy dish that took about 20 mins to prepare. Each 1/2 serving with a bit of sauce is 3 weight watcher points (old). Serve this is 1/2 cup of rice and you have a nice rounded 5 point meal the family will enjoy. Please note this only made 3 servings, please adjust the amount of ingredients to make enough for your family.
- 4 Tbls water
- 2 Tbls ketchup
- 1 Tbls soy sauce
- 2 Tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tsp honey
- 1/2 Tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 Tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbls vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 12oz shrimp, deveined and tails removed
- In a small bowl, stir together water, ketchup, soy sauce, cornstarch, honey, crushed red pepper, and ground ginger. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in green onions and garlic; cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in shrimp toss in the oil until cooked.
- Stir in sauce. Cook and stir until sauce is bubbly and thickened.