One more fantastic slow cooker recipe. I had a can of chickpeas in the cupboard and started to thing of various dinner combinations to cook these with. I love using my slow cooker, especially on the days I work from home. Chickpeas, Curry and a slow cooker just seemed like a fantastic combination so I looked up various recipes and came up with this combination. It seems you need curry powder and coconut milk to make a good curry. Toss in some vegetables and spices and there you have it, a tasty Vegetable Curry dish. I served this particular dish with couscous but you could use rice if you wish. This recipe makes approximately 4-6 servings (depending on the amount of veggies you add). 1 cup is approximately 4 weight watchers points (old points, i don’t do the new system). Add 1/2 cup of couscous for 1.5 points and here you have a filling 5.5 point dish. The couscous I use is organic and seems to have less points per serving then other coucous types i have seen.
- 3 cups Cauliflower chopped
- 1 15-ounce can Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen cut Green Beans
- 1/2 cup of frozen Corn
- 1 cup sliced Carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 1 14-ounce can Vegetable Broth
- 3 teaspoons Curry Powder
- 1 14-ounce can light Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp of dried Basil (feel free to add other spices as well)
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, combine Cauliflower, Chickpeas, Green Beans, Corn, Carrots, Onion, and Basil.
- Stir in Broth and Curry Powder.
- Cover and cook on low-heat for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Stir in Coconut Milk.
- Spoon over 1/2 cup of Couscous.