A Classic Steamed Lobster. Have you ever had that moment where you just don’t know what to make for dinner? You turn to the hubby for some suggestions and he’s not helpful in the least. Well we had this moment earlier this week. For some reason I just blurted out, hey lets have Lobster and to my surprise he agreed. I was shocked since Lobster has a nice price tag but I wasn’t about to turn up the opportunity to cook something new. Don’t let Lobster scare you, this dish took about 20 mins to prepare and most of that time was spent on the dipping sauce. The total point value of this dish is 4 points with the dipping sauce (about 1/4 cup per lobster). You can add a side salad if you wish but we found the lobster filling on its own.
- 1/4 Cup of Chicken Broth
- 1 tbls of fresh Lemon Juice
- 1.5 tsp chopped Parsely
- 1.5 tsp chopped Tarragon
- 1.5 tsp chopped Watercress
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Pepper to taste
- 4 1lb Lobsters (we picked the small cheaper lobsters) DO NOT remove the rubber bands. These can be removed after the Lobster has cooked. I don’t want anyone to get hurt by the pinchers.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat add the Chicken Broth, Lemon Juice, Parsely, Tarragon, Watercress, Salt and Pepper.
- Boil water in a large pot with some salt (this make the water boil faster, who knew).
- Add the Lobster’s and cook for 8-10 mins for a 1lb Lobster. Adjust cooking time by a couple of mins if you lobster is less or more the 1lb.
- Transfer those beautifully cooked Lobsters to a serving dish and enjoy with the dipping sauce. The fun part begins when you crack open the Lobster to get at that delicious meat.