Here’s another curry dish by my wonderful hubby. There are some days I just don’t feel like cooking so my hubby will whip out his cook book and make a delicious low fat curry dish. This here is Mung Bean Curry and its 100% vegetarian friendly and totally waste line friendly two. 1 full cup of this yummy curry is a whopping 3 weight watchers points (old system). Add a 1/2 cup of rice to the mix and you will have a complete healthy dinner.
- 3 cups of Water
- 200 grams of green Mung Beans (about a hair over 200 ml)
- 1 tbls minced Ginger
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Can of diced Tomatoes
- 3 tbls of low fat Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp of Seasoning salt
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 diced Green Chili
- 1 cup diced Onion
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 pieces of dried Red Chili
- 1/4 tsp of oil
- 1.5 – 2 cups loosely packed fresh Spinach – optional
- Bring all ingredients above to a boil. Except for the (spinach) Onions, Cumin Seeds and Red Chili.
- Lower the heat to low (1/8) until the Mung Bean is soft but still retain their shape about 1.5 hours
- Fry diced Onions, Cumin Seeds and dried Red Chili in a pan with the oil. The Onion will be translucent when done and add this to the pot.
- If adding spinach add it now serve and enjoy.