Fall colours 🍁. Pumpkin spice. Halloween. Trick or treat. 🎃
This recipe is a real treat because it is quick to prepare (5 mins) and it is virtually fool-proof. All you need to do is put all the ingredients into a blender, fill a mini-muffin pan, and bake for 20 minutes. Also, this recipe is just the base … a blank canvas for you to create something truly unique. See the tip section for some of my suggestions to enhance this recipe.
The EPCOT Food & Wine Festival at Disney World Orlando is where we first tried this amazing little Brazilian cheese bread. It was gooey, stretchy, and oh so cheesy. Each piece was the perfect size for a little snack in between eating and drinking our way around EPCOT. Now I can easily make this delightful treat at home, and so can you!
Have you customized this recipe? Want to share your results? Leave a comment 👇 for others to try your creations.
- 1.5 cups tapioca flour (or tapioca starch)
- 0.5 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
The special ingredient of this recipe is the tapioca flour (see pictures). I found this Western Family branded flour at Save-On Foods (a Canadian supermarket) in one of the organic baking shelves with the other flours such as chickpea flour, quinoa flour, wheat bulgur, etc. On the package, it says that this is also known as “tapioca starch,” so look for tapioca starch if you have trouble finding this at your local grocer.
- Pre-heat over to 400F.
- Grease a mini-muffin pan and set aside.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the mini-muffin pan and stop 1/4 inch from the top of the of the pan (see pictures).
- Bake for 400F for 20 minutes.
Tip: Custom Flavour Enhancers
You can customize this cheese bread recipe with additional flavours. You only need 1/3 cup of additional enhancers. Here are some ideas.
- Add two cloves of garlic before blending if you love garlic.
- Add diced green onions after blending for that green onion cake taste.
- Add bacon bits after blending to make it savoury.
- Top the batter with toasted pine nuts before baking for a Mediterranean flair.
- Use a different cheese. Blue cheese? Goat cheese? Why not?
The possibilities are endless for customizing this delicious recipe. Reminder to leave a comment 👇 for others to try your custom creations if you modify this recipe.
Calories 175 cal | Total Fat 4g | Saturated Fat 1.1g | Cholesterol 11mg | Sodium 74mg | Total Carbohydrate 32.6g | Fibre 0.4g | Sugars 0.4g | Protein 1.1g
Original WW Points 4