I have never tried a stuffed pasta shells before and for some reason I just really felt like making some. I found a recipe online and of course made some changes to make them healthier. These are super yummy and husband approved. For 1 Weight Watcher Point per shell you can’t go wrong.
- 10 jumbo pasta shells
- 5 cups spinach leaves
- 1 small zucchini (chopped)
- ½ cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 egg white
- .5 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon low fat parmesan cheese
- 1 cup low sodium tomato sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Bring water to a boil and add pasta shells. Make sure they are a little under cooked and drain them. (They will finish cooking in the oven.)
- In a bowl add spinach and zucchini and wilt by heating in the microwave for 1 – 1.5 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix garlic powder, low fat parmesan cheese and egg white.
Add the cottage cheese and parmasan mixture to the spinach mixture.
Pour 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce in a baking pan.
Stuff the shells and put in baking pan.
Cover with rest of the tomato sauce.
Bake for 20 minutes.