Hubby made my favourite dish today … Momma Tan’s noodles. It’s what’s for dinner and I’m satisfied!
- 1 package thin chow mien noodles
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 tbs dark soy sauce (also known as Asian cooking caramel and is thick as molasses)
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp garlic chili sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup low sodium broth (chicken, beef, or vegetable)
- Baby bok choy
- Green onions
- Sesame seed oil
- Dunk chow mien noodles in hot water for 30 seconds, drain, rinse in cold water, and set aside.
- Do the same with the vegetables by blanching for 1 minute, rinsing in cold water, and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce by adding the light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, chili sauce, and broth into a bowl and mix well.
- Using a large frying pan on medium-high heat, start pan-frying the ground beef. Add minced garlic once the ground beef is brown on the outside. Keep cooking until ground beef is dry. Add the sauce into ground beef. You can add more broth or water if you want more sauce.
- Add noodles and vegetables to the beef sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Serve on a plate. Drizzle 1 tsp of sesame seed oil and green onions.